A research and learning tool for sharing information and ideas. This is a private blog for students of Intermedia I with Nicole Pietrantoni.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesday, April 21

1. Announcements
-Visiting Artist in Film/Video: Phil Solomon this Saturday
=EXTRA CREDIT/Participation Points for attending and writing a one paragraph review
-Reminder regarding Participation Points/Grade
2. Studio Arts Fest: Friday, April 30th. 4-7pm

3. Work Day in Media Lab
-trouble shooting in Final Cut and Audio programs
-individual help with computer questions and/or individual critiques of works-in-progress
-use this time wisely! there is ONE WEEK to the due date!
-video/sound pieces are due WEDNESDAY, April 28 by 10 AM in my DropBox on the Intermedia Server

4. Putting your Quicktime Movie in my DropBox
-connect to the Intermedia XSAN
-you can only do this from an Apple computer
-go to Finder> Connect to Server
-type in: afp://intermedia3.art.uiowa.edu
-hit "Connect"
-look for USERS-1 (or it may just say USERS)
-find my folder= NPIETRAN
-look in my PUBLIC folder (it is highlighted in RED)
-drag your Quicktime movie into my DROPBOX
-if this does not work, bring a copy to class on your hard drive to copy onto my desktop in class for viewing. Come early on Wednesday if you need to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment