A research and learning tool for sharing information and ideas. This is a private blog for students of Intermedia I with Nicole Pietrantoni.

Friday, January 29, 2010

hunting and gathering - Shana's home made story book




I like stories, so I decided to make my first project into a picture book about me.
I like the way meaning magically appears when random images or things are put together. Human beings seem to have the instinct to derive meaning from everything and in the case of my book, I wanted that to be the point. Every picture is meaningful and important to me, so I liked what happened when I put them all together in no particular sequence. Although, it wasn't in no particular order because even though the images seemed to have nothing to do with one another, it was weird to be sitting there deciding which picture went where. I was already finding relationships between seemingly random images.
My interests are comics, all kinds of comics, super hero comics, indie comics, funny comics, cute animal comics, whatever is good; crime fiction, like American noir movies and crime novels and comics; quantum physics; paintings and stuff like that, so I chose some images and texts of my favorite examples of these interests.

The pictures here are how I made my picture/story book: 1. finding images, 2. printing them off, 3. pasting them into a hand-made paper book.....mystery revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment