A research and learning tool for sharing information and ideas. This is a private blog for students of Intermedia I with Nicole Pietrantoni.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Project 2 -Being a pack rat is a tiring thing to be!





I am a pack rat! Anything that comes into my possession that has the least bit of meaning, I keep. In the back of my mind, I always think there might be a reason I need the item. The main things are: Receipts, tags off bought items, special bags/boxes that merchandise is sold in, work schedules/availability sheets, former class folders, agendas, emails, letters, cards, flowers, makeup, event ticket stubs, ski passes, movie stubs, lights, ccorks, notes (class notes and notes from friends... yes, i have some from 7th grade.. and I'm not joking), bobby pins, and lastly lists that I creats (like this one).. particularly "to do" lists and "wish" lists. It's almost a compulsion. I had no idea what I was going to do for this project, and then I started looking around for "junk" and found that I have multiple places where I "hide" these useless items that I can't seem to get rid of. This project is somewhat therapeutic because by me using these worthless things, it makes me feel like htey did have a meaning to be kept; and that reason is to be used on this project. Finally, I can let go of them!

1 comment:

  1. University of Iowa alumna Sarah Smelser, a School of Art and Art History visiting artist in printmaking, will speak on “Confessions of a Pack Rat” at
    7 p.m Monday, Feb. 22, in Room 109 of UI English-Philosophy Building. The event is free and the public is invited to attend.

    !!!!

    ReplyDelete